My name is John Ross and I have spent my entire 40 + year profession in health care. Specifically, my background and expertise are in developing and managing evidence arranging, reimbursement applications, and health economics strategies for any quantity of fortune 500 healthcare technologies firms. In short, my job was to help the companies that I worked for to understand the health care industry spot from three vital perspectives.
The first was to answer the question; “What can we count on to become paid for the healthcare technologies we are building and planning to market place? The second question; “will the outcomes and/or reduce fees connected with the use of these healthcare technologies justify the payment level we assume they deserve? Ultimately, what solution development, advertising, and sales techniques do we should employ to ensure that our future health-related technologies are quickly accepted by hospitals, physicians, payers, and individuals? Certainly, with such a concentrate I had to handle Medicare (health insurance coverage for people over age 65 and the disabled),
From a funding standpoint, I have seen America’s health care system go from pretty much “anything goes” to today’s rising concentrate on expense and outcomes. Outcomes, is just one more way of asking the query; “for the dollars we’re spending nationally or on a particular patient’s illness or injury are we receiving an excellent value in return? In other words, could be the price of your drug, healthcare device, process, diagnostic or surgical intervention worth the cost with regards to greater results and reduce expenses when compared with how we would traditionally manage this patient’s situation?
This blog is a forum for talking “honestly” about:
- where health care in America is going?
- Why it is going there?
- What can we expect from tomorrow’s health care system in comparison with what we have developed into employed?
- What we can do for the best of our capability to use less of it (think preventive health approaches)?
- How we need to contemplate and aid those unfortunate people, young and old, who want more of it than we do?
- How can we aid to be sure people that need to have health care get access to fantastic health care once they need to have it?
- What can we do to increase the probabilities that state of your art health care is going to be there when we need to have it and at a value, we can afford?
I will also offer education as to how the health care system functions from the different perspectives of the stakeholders. It truly is essential that we have an understanding of these perspectives, what drives them plus a lot of conflicts that exist. Areas to cover might be:
- What exactly is taking place in hospitals and physicians within this changing health care landscape?
- What exactly is happening to the development of innovative future medical technologies and pharmaceuticals?
- Exactly where is Medicare policy going about payments to physicians and hospitals as well as other care settings?
- What is the future of employer-sponsored health insurance coverage plans?
- Exactly where is changing concerning private health care insurance companies?
- What will happen to patient fees?
- What can I do to avoid premature, unnecessary, or unproven health care interventions?
- What function will “evidence and data” play within the future in providing us extra facts from which to make private or loved ones member health care choices?
I’d like this to become the place that you could take a look at after you hear politicians or anyone else for that matter promising anything from health care that just doesn’t make sense. All of us know the feeling we get when we hear an “it’s as well excellent to be true” story. When we hear such excellent promises, we improved check it out and this may be a place exactly where it is possible to do that. So, bring your concerns and queries and I’ll do my best to assist you to check them out!
Have you heard this 1; “under my health strategy, you may need to not be concerned? Your costs will stay reasonable, you’ll be able to preserve your medical professional and you’ll have access to state in the art health care”. Or, “it is just about every one suitable to access the incredibly most effective in health care, young and old, wealthy and poor no matter your ability to pay.” This could be good however it is merely not reality and it is time that we talk about these things and handle them with our rose-colored glasses removed.
So, no matter what your point of view on this subject I encourage you to visit ask and comment. We have to have a grass-roots effort aimed at understanding health care and in distinct we should speak about its funding limits and what we can do to assure that people that want it – get it, and at an amount of high-quality and at a manageable cost such that we can afford it as a nation. If we do not do that it can be hugely probably that health care as we’ve identified it America will not be out there when we face our personal or maybe a loved one member’s critical and pricey illness.